Saturday, March 21, 2009

Review of KNOWING-Mostly a MISS

So, right off the bat, I have to tell you that I am a huge fan of this type of movie. Big movie star, random action, plot to save the world....yadda yadda. I have to say that KNOWING did not live up to all of my expectations. It starts out great. The backstory involves a school 50 years burying a time capsule and a creepy little girl that goes missing.
It then starts to drag. As Nicholas Cage (tortured, alcoholic single dad) puts all the pieces together the story moves along.. but really slowly. The disaster scenes are good though!
The acting is okay. Nicholas Cage is goodish (same as normal) The two kids in the film are okay, the boy is pretty good. Rose Byrne is not nearly as sharp as on Damages.
The storyline has a lot of holes and is very preachy at times, which is very annoying. Overall, I would say hit the theater if you're a fan of this type (I suggest a large caffeinated drink during) or MISS if you just thought that the trailer was catchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment